Chef Wants Local Seafood
Chris Hastings is a James Beard award winning chef in a local restaurant where dining is upscale. Chef Hastings prides himself in preparing only the freshest ingredients from local farmers and fishermen. Lately his customers have been requesting fresh Gulf seafood like crab, shrimp, and oysters. Chef Hastings usesMarketMakerto locate wholesalers and processors who can provide Gulf seafood to his restaurant, the Hot and Hot Fish Club.
Chris wants to use MarketMaker to:
Locate wholesalers and processors who can provide Gulf seafood to his restaurant.
Step by step directions to identify wholesalers and processors who can provide Gulf seafood
- From theFarmers, Fisheries, & Businessesarea of the homepage, click the drop down arrow besideBusiness Type. Chris selectsWholesaler or Processors. He then clicksSearch.
- Since Chris is looking for crab, shrimp, or oysters, he will select fish/shellfish/seafood products from the next pop-up window. The default search isStatewidefor the search area.
- The search results with the map of all seafood wholesalers or seafood processors with all of these products will appear. Chris can click on the Business Names in the Results list of a particular business to get details about them. The details include contact information, location, web address, and detailed product information, if available. Chris also has an option of clicking onCurrent Mapin theSearch Bydropdown to view all results in map view.
- If Chris wants to search for individual products, like shrimp, oysters, or crab, he can start from the homepage.
- From theFarmers, Fisheries, & Businessesarea of the homepage, click the drop down arrow besideBusiness Type. Chris selectsWholesaler or Processors. Next he types Shrimp (or oysters, crabs) in the keyword box and clicksSearch.
- The search results will appear. Chris can do the same steps mentioned above to learn more about the businesses listed in the results.
- Chris can now research and contact wholesalers or processors to purchase product for his restaurant.
Email: Contact Me